Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Agent still showing a
pending status in Louisiana?
- Agents located in another state must be approved in their
home state. Therefore, registration with this Office will be held in pending
status until the agent is approved in his/her home state.
- We do not allow dual registration, unless the firms are
affiliated. An agent must be cancelled by their current firm before new
registration can be approved.
- A firm must be approved in
Louisiana before any of its agents
will be approved.
2) Why is my
Firm still showing a pending status in Louisiana?
- If a Broker-Dealer Firm, registration will be held in
pending status until the firm is approved by FINRA.
- Registration will be held in pending status until all
required documents are filed in this Office.
Louisiana follow the de minimus rule?
- No. Firms must be registered with this Office regardless
of their number of clients.
4) I need to
amend my Form D filing. Are there any filing fees?
Who can I contact to see if a
stock certificate is worth something?
6) When are
Financial Statements due?
- Financial statements are due 60 days after year-end for
Louisiana domiciled Broker
Dealers and 90 days after year-end for state-registered Investment Advisers.
- Out-of-state Broker Dealers and notice-filing investment
advisers are not required to submit hard copies of financial statements to
Does Louisiana allow for Dual
Registration of Agents?
- Only if Firms are affiliated, with the approval of the
8) Who should
I make my check payable to?
- Commissioner of Securities
Return to Securities